- Take at least five minutes of break time to do something relaxing and different– chat with a friend, or read briefly from an interesting book.
- Take a ten minute walk outside or away from your work setting.
- Provide a simple surprise for someone who works with you.
- Do something that will have a positive affect on your health such as eating a piece of fruit instead of a candy bar.
- Make a list of things that have made you feel good in the past. Put the list where you see it frequently. Read it when you’re feeling down.
- Allow yourself to swing with your mood for a while. Negative moods have a natural tendency to become positive over time.
Moods are a healthy part of our emotional life. The bad ones never last as long as we think they will. The good ones are very worthwhile!